Pakistan Warns Taliban After Failed Peace Talks in Turkey

Islamabad issues tough statement, says it can ‘crush Kabul regime without using full force’ Islamabad, Oct 31: Tensions between Pakistan and the Taliban-led government in Afghanistan escalated on Tuesday after peace talks in Turkey failed to produce any breakthrough. Following the breakdown, Pakistan issued a strongly worded warning, asserting that it could “wipe out the Taliban regime” without deploying even a fraction of its full military capability.

Oct 31, 2025 - 14:32
Nov 1, 2025 - 15:44
 0  2
Pakistan Warns Taliban After Failed Peace Talks in Turkey

Addressing the media, Pakistan’s Defence Minister Khawaja Asif said Islamabad had exercised restraint so far but would not hesitate to act if provoked.

“Let me assure them, Pakistan does not need to use even a fraction of its arsenal to completely eliminate the Taliban regime and send them back into hiding,” Asif said, as quoted by Dawn.

He warned that any further aggression or destabilisation attempts by the Afghan side would invite a “decisive military response”, drawing parallels to the Taliban’s past defeats in Tora Bora.

The remarks came after Kabul blamed Islamabad for the collapse of the Turkey peace dialogue, accusing Pakistan of undermining negotiations. Pakistani officials, however, rejected the charge, claiming that the Taliban leadership’s failure to curb cross-border militancy was the real reason behind the deadlock.

Diplomatic observers see the exchange as another setback in already strained Pakistan–Afghanistan relations, which have worsened amid ongoing security and border tensions.

 

What's Your Reaction?

Like Like 0
Dislike Dislike 0
Love Love 0
Funny Funny 0
Angry Angry 0
Sad Sad 0
Wow Wow 0